Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a protest march

Have I participated in a protest?


No.

Would I?

Yes, to change the education system.

We scream about unemployment from the roof tops, yet there are so many jobs because there are no people equipped to do them.

We have people trained in skills for which we have no jobs.

Entrepreneurship or any enterprising spirit is killed by the education system, we are taught not to think or be creative.

Here is one boy I saw selling books on the footpath I tried tell him he needs to go back to school and not sell pirated books.

He looked at me in the eye and told me” I know to add, subtract, and figure out percentages. My dream is to have a book store of my own. I am on training right now, that’s what your children do don’t they go to school to become doctors and lawyers?”

When I asked him how does he pick his books?

“I read all the papers for book reviews and watch book review shows,”

And I didn’t even know there was a show on book reviews.

Our system does not let us develop the skills we need.

But I do not protest because I don’t know the alternate for this.

ನಾನು ಯಾವತ್ತಾದರೂ ವಿರೋಧಯತ್ರೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾಗವಿಹಿಸಿದೇನೆ?

ಇಲ್ಲ.

ಮಾಡುವೆನೆ?

ಪ್ರಾಯಶ ನಮ್ಮ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣಕ್ರಮದ ವಿರ್ರುದ್ಧ ಯತ್ರೆಸೇರುವ ಸಂಭವವಿದೆ..

ನಿರೋಧ್ಯೋಗದ ಭಗ್ಗೆ ನಾರೆ ತೆಗೆಯುವ ನಾವು, ಅದರ ಮೂಲ ನೋಡವ ಶ್ರಮ ಪಡುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ನಮ್ಮಲ್ಲಿ ಸಾಕಷ್ಟು ಕೆಲಸ, ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳು ಮಾಡುವ ವೀರರಿಲ್ಲದೆ ಬಿದ್ದಿವೆ. ಕೆಲಸ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುವ ಯೋಗ್ಯತೆ ಇದ್ದವರು ಸಿಗುವುದಿಲ್ಲ.

ನಮ್ಮ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ ಕ್ರಮದಲ್ಲಿ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ ಪಡೆದು ಯೋಗ್ಯತೆ ಪಡೆದವರ ಅಗತ್ಯ ನಮಗಿಲ್ಲ.

ಸ್ವಂತ ಉದ್ಯಮ ಶುರುಮಾಡುವ ಶಕ್ತಿ ,ಅಥವಾ ಹೊಸ ಹಾದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆಯುವ ಧೈರ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ಕ್ರಿಯಾತ್ಮಕ ಶಕ್ತಿಯಾಗಲಿ, ಹೊಸ ವಿಚಾರಣೆ ಮಾಡುವುದಾಗಲಿ ನಿಷೆಧವಾಗಿದೆ.

ನಮ್ಮ ವ್ಯವಸ್ತೆ ಎಷ್ಟು ಅವ್ಯವಸ್ತೆಯಾಗಿದೆಯೆಂದು ರಸ್ತೆ ಬದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಪುಸ್ತಕ ಮಾರುತಿದ್ದ ಹನ್ನೆರಡು ವರ್ಷದ ಬಾಲಕನ ಮಾತಿನಿಂದ ತಿಳಿದು ಬಂತು.

"ಯಾಕೋ, ಶಾಲೆಗೇ ಹೋಗದೆ, ಇಲ್ಲೇನು ಮಾಡುತಿದ್ದಿ"

"ನಮ್ಮ ಮಕ್ಕಳು ಶಾಲೆಗೇ ಹೋಗಿ ಮಾಡುವುದನ್ನೇ ನಾನು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದೇನೆ. ಲೆಕ್ಕ, ಓದು ಬರಹ ಬರುತ್ತದೆ, ಇಂಗ್ಲಿಷ್, ಹಿಂದಿ ತಮಿಳ್ ಮಾತನ್ದಬಲ್ಲೆ. ನನಗಂತೂ ನನ್ನದೇ ಆದ ಪುಸ್ತಕದ ಅಂಗಡಿ ತೆರೆಯ ಬೇಕು,"

"ಯಾವ ಪುಸ್ತಕ, ಎಲ್ಲಿ ಕೊಳ್ಳಬೇಕೆಂದು ತಿಳಿಯಬೇಡವೇ?"

"ಅದಕ್ಕೆ, ಬೇಕಾದ ಲೇಖನ, ಪುಸ್ತಕ, ಹಾಗು ದೂರದರ್ಶನದ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ ನೋಡುತ್ತೇನೆ. ನನಗಗಥ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನಾನೇಕೆ ತಲೆ ಕೆಡಸಬೇಕು"

ಈ ದುರ್ಭಲ ವ್ಯವಸ್ತೆಯ ಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆ ನಾನರಿಯೆ, ಹಾಗಾಗಿ ವಿರೋಧಯತ್ರೆ ಮಾಡುವ ಸಂಭವ ಅಸಂಭಾವವೆನ್ಸುತ್ತದೆ.





No comments:

Post a Comment