Wednesday, June 1, 2011

tough cookie

What’s my favourite cookie asks Plinky and how do I like it?


Well cookie was what we called our hostel cook.  Informally speaking a cookie means a dear and a sweetheart, irrespective of our romantic status the cook got the title for she would keep our dinner warm and ready for us despite the mess closing hours.

Anyways,

Not a bad question to ask after all first of June is the donut day, and South Atlantic states call donuts as cookies.

Smart cookies, tough cookies, in our slang conversation do we like them sugared? Flavoured? Or spicy?

Even an illiterate like me knows that cookie is a message or segment data containing information about a user, sent each time the browser requests a webpage.

If it were spy movie I would hold the gun at the gangster and say “toss the cookie” or” spill the cookie” too bad it sounds too much like gastro-ileac regurgitation.

Its pleasant to answer the question “how do I like my cookie” when asked by a Scottish, since he is asking me how do I like my bun(not the anatomic one) the ones that come out of an oven with spices and herbs eaten with cheese and mint dip along with a cup of ginger spiced tea !

Actually what a cookie means is small cake made from stiff sweetened dough, rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large flat pan and baked—these are also known as biscuits.  though the concept of cookies have been there as long as baking the sweetened ones served as snacks or desserts made was the gift given to Europe by the Persians who conquered Spain.

To me the unfailing favourite is the Monaco salt biscuits running a close contender is the chocolate chip cookies.

By the way cookie is also an alluring woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment